Ewarenow Quick Query is a web application that obtains live data from your main business application’s database.
Each user must be registered and authenticated to use Ewarenow Quick Query. Some will be authorized only to use existing queries. Others can be authorized to create, test, and activate new queries.
By design, Ewarenow Quick Query stores its queries, tables, views, and stored procedures in its own database. And it only operates on your business data with SELECT statements – reading the data, but never updating, deleting, or adding data.
It has a high level of security built in so that the privacy and integrity of your data are well-protected. You can enforce secure data transmission (https) to encrypt the data being transferred between the server and users’ workstations, tablets, or smartphones.
Ewarenow Quick Query saved a big account for us. One of our largest customers said they were dropping us because we delivered late nearly half the time. I scheduled to meet with their senior executives the next day. When I left for the airport I had an Excel spreadsheet from Quick Query with the facts: 97% on-time delivery on dozens of orders over a 2-year period. That saved the account, which remains a happy customer today.
David Wolff, Retired CEO of a major U.S. PCB supplier
Ewarenow Quick Query is everything I wanted and more at an affordable price. I wanted a way for my staff to create and use templates to extract data from our LIMS database to Excel. Ewarenow delivered its Quick Query application. One example: a state government agency requires us to submit detailed test results from many of our work orders as we complete them. The spreadsheets we now generate in Quick Query contain 77 columns of data from our database, all with formatting changes to exactly meet the agency’s own import requirements.
President of a large, growing testing laboratory
|Download a handout|
- With some one-time tedious work in Ewarenow Quick Query to map the data to each agency’s demands, you can turn the operational process from half a day of tedium per week to less than 10 minutes to run the query and submit it to the agency.
- With Ewarenow Quick Query, you can craft queries for each customer and then simply run them as needed and send the results to your customers.
- Obtain Conductor from Forcivity, Inc. (https://forcivity.com/). You can download the data from Salesforce to a SQL Server database as frequently as you need.
- Then you can use Ewarenow Quick Query to produce all the query results you want.
- Regrettably, that’s a very common situation. Most business software companies are focused on meeting the common needs of many customers and have great difficulty dealing with specific reporting requests from one customer.
- With Ewarenow Quick Query, you take the software supplier out of the loop. Your own staff can generally write the queries you need; and do so faster than you can get the rejection of your request from the software supplier.
- With Ewarenow Quick Query, one trusted individual can create underlying views of the data that hide the sensitive and private data. Then others can write queries based on those views.
- Ewarenow Quick Query is designed deliberately to treat all application data as Read-Only, providing protection for the integrity of the fundraising data.
- That’s very common and it’s understandable why it’s needed by the requestor and sucks up scarce IT staff time.
- To some extent you can plan ahead for this by making the first query ask for a date range.
- Ewarenow Quick Query helps by making the definition of parameters a key facet of every query creation. The parameters are easy to define and it’s a conscious decision not to define any.
- Every query written in Ewarenow Quick Query is saved in the EQQuery database where it can be found easily.
- And with a little discipline by query creators, each query will have a brief description that will help distinguish similar ones by more than just a unique name
- Ewarenow Quick Query doesn’t actually provide a portal, but it can be the back-end where a qualified Quick Query user can create the needed queries to meet the needs of the portal.
- Then the logic in the portal itself would be very simple: Validate the customer’s login, use the Quick Query queries to populate dashboard graphics, and provide a list of other queries the customer can select and run.
You will probably authorize one or a few people with the equivalent of good Excel expertise to write queries. Most will simply be using those queries as part of their normal work. For them it’s very easy.
Click the link to Ewarenow Quick Query on your browser
You get the Ewarenow Quick Query sign-in page. Enter your username and password and click the Sign In button.
You are at the Use Queries page.
I ask for what seems like a simple Excel spreadsheet and my IT staff tells me it is hard and will take a lot of time. Why is it hard?
Real business applications may have 100-200 tables and an immense number of relationships. Most query creators are not prepared to deal with all the complexity of the relationships.
A person with advanced Excel skills or SQL Server query skills can write a small number of Views in Ewarenow Quick Query to flatten out the data and replace meaningless links with the corresponding real-world text.
We do provide training tools for view creators that have good Excel skills but no SQL skills.
Then people without such advanced skills or training can use the views to write numerous queries.
And your users can simply select queries they need to run, enter a parameter or two and get the results they need.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Dot Net Framework 4.5
- C#, ASP Dot Net, Telerik UI, jQuery
- HTML5, CSS3 (responsive)
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher; or Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or highe
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Version 7 or higher
- https recommended; http supported
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher
- Operating system: Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, Android, iOS
- Browser (latest version) Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, limited support for Internet Explorer